Friday 21 October 2011

Audience research

Audience research is important because you can see who you should be realising your movie and you will have certain concepts before you release it so for example I will do audience researcher whilst the planning of my movie and will see who I will be aiming it and why the particular audience. The audience is mainly categorized into age and gender to most movies, this what most producer categorize there movie in too. These categorizing your audience can really help with the development on your movie because then you could add stuff to the movie which you know will keep you audience occupied and interested. Some people would call demographics stereotyping because people are put in to categorise by their looks or how they think.

The hypodermic needle, two step flow and reception analysis is what I think is the three main theories that would be important to a movie. The hypodermic needle would be used to put a message into the audience and make them believe in it so it scares them for example paranormal activity mentions spiritual being are real and can kill you without you seeing them making the audience believing in it to scare them. The two step flow is used to spread the word of the movie so for example again if I watched paranormal activity it would make me talk about if the movie was good and I would basically explain why it is good and why people should watch that’s why the two step is another main theory for movies, it helps make the movie gain more popularity. The last one I think is a main theory to me is reception analysis because movie producers can send out a movie having one aim but people will see that aim in different ways and judge if the movie was good or not. It depends on your opinion and sense of taste of things for example I would watch an action movie and depending on my taste and expectations on action movie I would judge if the movie is good or not.

Two step flow diagram


Filmography - This is when a dercription is given for a movie for example when it was cretaed, writen and who it was directed by and other information about the movie.
Biblography - This is when a descriptoin is given for a book for example who wrote the book and when it was published in store or online.

1 comment:

  1. I need to improve by expanding on my points.

    PEE - Point, evidence/example/explain

    E.g. P: Dim lighting is in horror, E: for example in the Shining, E: This shows why I have used it in my mood board.

    Also need to backup my points with website links and images.

    I have added more points to backup, which is good, but I just need to work on it a bit more.

    ReplyDelete